Thursday 19 February 2009

Too Few Role Models


I've been thinking a lot about 'peace' this week thanks to a Martin Luther King Jr. speech found on the thorough Nobel Prize website. Suddenly I remembered good old Calvin & Hobbes, and this strip basically sums it up. (C&H official site is here, but this fan site is a better introduction).

Peace doesn't simply mean 'no violence',
stop being boring... be creative!


(Ps. I was at one of the meetings where Rob Bell gave this talk that the blogger sums up so well. I've read so many disgusting comments from judgmental people on other websites that I have to stand up for it. The whole talk was brilliant, shedding new light on the wonderful possibilities that non-violence can provide when done creatively. It's a shame that I can't find a full video or transcript from this talk.)

No comments: